DuraStim® Hydraulic Fracturing Pump
The challenges of executing multi-well pad completions with triplex and quintuplex pumps have come to an end with a fundamental advance in pump technology designed specifically for continuous duty hydraulic fracturing.
AFGlobal’s revolutionary DuraStim® 6,000 HP hydraulic fracturing pump is a far-reaching change in pump design and performance that:
- Dramatically lowers the cost of ownership
- Greatly improves operational performance
- Creates many new safety and environmental advantages
The DuraStim technology redefines the frac pump with abroad set of patents and innovations. The results are game changing from every perspective:
- It is a fully automated, electric long stroke (48-in.) pump, featuring low frequency (~20 cycles per minute), and eliminates high cycle rates that quickly destroy the fluid ends of conventional plunger pumps
- It provides more than twice the horsepower of a conventional pump unit in the same footprint
- Its electric motor prime mover eliminates the burden of Tier 4 diesel emission standards, and greatly reduces noise pollution
The DuraStim pump is built for the extreme demands of long duration, high pressure hydraulic fracturing. Durability and reliability are keys to performance on the pad, and to a much lower cost of ownership.
The long stroke, low frequency DuraStim pump is comprised of six individual pump units and fluid ends driven by a constant speed 6,600 VAC motor and four hydraulic rotary pumps. The design is enabled by computerized synchronization, control, and automation that closely orchestrates the pump’s operation and response. The DuraStim pump is the industry’s first variable displacement frac pump. Its pump rate is determined hydraulically, in contrast with conventional fracturing pumps where engine speed and gear ratio determine rate
Electric Mixing Equipment
AFGlobal’s revolutionary DuraStim® 6,000 HP hydraulic fracturing pump deserves a complement of specialized electric mixing equipment that performs at the pump’s same high level of reliability. Our innovation and manufacturing excellence come together as NRG Pressure Pumping Technologies is developing an advanced blender and electric hydration unit for energy-efficient performance with less maintenance and more productivity.